Friday, 12 February 2010

Have you seen transcripts from the Trial of Soghomon Tehlirian?

http://www.armeniapedia.org/index.php?ti鈥?/a>





If you don't know him, please just go to another question.Have you seen transcripts from the Trial of Soghomon Tehlirian?
While reading through his testimony I almost cried. Its very sad. God bless all the souls lost in the Armenian Genocide. Seriously I just cant believe this. I really appreciate the site that you provided. I just cant believe how hateful you have to be in order to kill people. God will punish the killers in hell.Have you seen transcripts from the Trial of Soghomon Tehlirian?
yes but thanks for site
good link, thanks
Oh my God, and turks want more proof, God knows how many more exists and how many they destroyed.


I was so moved from the following part:





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?How did your parents die?





DEFENDANT 鈥?While we were being plundered, they started firing on us from the front of the caravan. At that time, one of the gendarmes pulled my sister out and took her with him. My mother cried out, ';May I go blind.'; I cannot remember that day any longer. I do not want to be reminded of that day. It is better for me to die than describe the events of that black day.





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?However, I want to point out to you that, for this Court, it is very important that we hear of these events from you. You are the only one that can give us information about those events. Try to pull yourself together and not lose control.





DEFENDANT 鈥?I cannot say everything. Every time I relive those events... They took everyone away... and they struck me. Then I saw how they struck and cracked my brother's skull with an axe.





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?Your sister, the one whom they pulled and took with them, did she return?





DEFENDANT 鈥?Yes, they took my sister and raped her.





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?Did she return?





DEFENDANT 鈥?No.





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?Who cracked your brother's skull with an axe?





DEFENDANT 鈥?As soon as the soldiers and the gendarmes began the massacres, the mob was upon us too and my brother's head was cracked open. Then my mother fell.





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?From what?





DEFENDANT 鈥?I do not know, from a bullet or something else.





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?Where was your father?





DEFENDANT 鈥?I did not see my father; he was in another group ahead of us, but there was fighting going on there too.





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?What did you do?





DEFENDANT 鈥?I was struck on the head and fell to the ground. I have no recollection of what happened after that.





PRESIDING JUSTICE Having fallen, did you remain at the site of the massacres?





DEFENDANT 鈥?I do not know how long I stayed there. Maybe it was two days. When I opened my eyes, I saw myself surrounded by corpses. All the members of the caravan had been killed. Because of the darkness I could not distinguish everything. At first I did not know where I was then I began to realize that I was surrounded by corpses.





PRESIDING JUSTICE 鈥?Among the dead, did you find the bodies of your parents, brothers, and sisters?





DEFENDANT I saw my mother's body; she had fallen face down. My brother's body had fallen on top of me. I could not ascertain anything more.
I have seen it dear Sera, I went to Fresno few time and visited his permanent home, his graveside is always covered with flowers.


We grew up hearing stories of his life and other Armenian Fedaies they will stay in our hearts for ever, and as a symbol of courage will stay in front of our eyes.


more information in this site.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soghomon_Te鈥?/a>
yes, I have seen it but it is nice of you to remember a hero here. I have this site with his picture.


http://www.badanegan.com/html/fedayagan_鈥?/a>





and another one


http://www.answers.com/topic/soghomon-te鈥?/a>
Yes, but on the paper, this site is new for me.


Thanks for sharing and I think everyone should read to know what this man was witnessed during his life, and why he did what he did years ago, I would have done the same.


He is an Armenian hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment